Dates & Walnut Cake is a hit with my family. Every body just enjoys indulging in a generous slice and every time this Cake is baked, it ends up getting finished within minutes. Try this amazing Dates & Walnut Cake Recipe that is very easy to make. You just have to follow the right measurements and there is no stopping from getting a perfectly baked cake.
Ingredients required for Dates & Walnut Cake are-
200 ml Condensed Milk
80 grams All-Purpose Flour
75 ml Olive Oil/Vegetable Oil
100 grams Curd/Yogurt
100 grams Dates or approx. 15 seedless Date pieces
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
80 ml Milk
6-7 Walnuts chopped
Preparation Method for Dates and Walnut Cake-
- Heat Milk in a Pan and let it come to boil.As soon as it boils,switch off the flame and add finely chopped seedless Dates to it. Let them get soaked in milk for about 10-15 minutes.
- Now add the soaked Dates along with Milk to a Mixer Blender and blend to puree. Then add oil to it and blend again. This step will improve the consistency. Now add condensed milk and curd/yogurt to the mixture in the blender and give it another spin till it becomes nice and creamy in consistency.
- In a bowl, take sieved all-purpose flour and add baking soda to it. Mix well.
- Take the chopped walnuts in a small bowl and add 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour and coat the walnuts with the same. Now add the walnuts to the dry ingredients mixture.
- Transfer the mixture from the mixer blender into a large bowl and slowly fold in the dry ingredients mixture. With the help of a spatula,whisk the entire mixture and don’t overdo the mixing part. (This creamy texture itself tastes so yummy;) )
- Take a cake tin and grease it with oil and dust some flour on it. Pour the cake mixture to it and spread evenly.
- Set the oven at 180ºC/375ºF on preheat for 10 minutes. Then Bake the Cake on 180ºC/375ºF for about 20 minutes. (Oven temperature and timings vary, so be careful towards the end. Insert a toothpick at the highest point and if it comes out clean, then your cake is done. Otherwise, you can bake for more time accordingly)
Your Delicious Dates & Walnuts Cake is ready to be served. Enjoy.
(Note: For all those wondering why there is no refined sugar in this; the dates and condensed milk add the required sweetness to the cake. So Relax and Bake:) )
For any queries, post in the comments section.