The fragrance of freshly baked cookies itself is so mouthwatering that one cannot escape from gorging on a few. These cookies are so rich in flavor of cinnamon and cardamom that you are bound of pick another cookie!
A perfect partner for tea, these cookies are made with the help of easily available ingredients.
For making these Whole-Wheat Cookies, You need-
150 grams Wheat Flour
100 grams Butter
70 grams Powdered Sugar (You can alter sugar according to your preference)
40 ml Milk
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
4-5 Green Cardamom( Eliachi)
1 teaspoon Cinnamon( Daalcheeni)
- Take the butter (NOT MELTED), cold butter and break it into small pieces. Add it in the Wheat flour. Squish it with hands until it mixes completely.
- Add powdered sugar, cardamom, cinnamon and baking powder to it and mash the dough well.
- To kneed the dough take small quantities of Milk and kneed it with your hands.
- Once the dough is done, we are ready to carve out cookies.
- With the help of a rolling pin and flat surface, roll the dough to make a thick chapaati (about 1/4 inch thick). Out of this carve out cookies with help of molds of your choice ( I used round, heart shape and star molds😌 )
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven at 180℃/350℉ for 10 minutes. Grease your baking tray with butter/Oil and place the cookies at a good distance from each other.
- Set your cookies for 10 minutes on baking at 180℃/350℉. At close to 8 minutes, keep an eye on them as baking varies from oven to oven. When the cookies start turning slightly brown, you may switch off the oven. Let the cookies stay in for a while.
- With the help of a spatula take them out. Let them cool, sprinkle some icing sugar over the and your delicious cookies are ready to be served.😍
Note: I could only fit 12 cookies in one go on the baking tray, so I did a round 2. Remember, if you are immediately ready with the round 2 cookies, you don’t need to preheat the oven again as it’s already at that temperature. However, if you are doing it after a while then you made need to preheat.