Sometimes all you want is to indulge in a Salad fix that pampers your taste buds and is healthy at the same time. The best part about making a salad is-even though you have the same basic ingredients, each time you can prepare a dressing that has a distinct taste and in turn you can gorge on a different salad every time.
Today I have a salad for those who have a liking for slightly creamy salads.
You can always customize the veges you wish to add. ( Personally, I love a colorful salad!😇)
For this Salad, You need:
1/2 shredded cabbage
1/2 shredded purple/red cabbage
1/2 broadly cut red,yellow and green bell peppers
Handful of broccoli
Handful of corn
1 cup boiled pasta (penne/elbow/fusilli whatever you prefer. I have used Delmonte’s Rigati Pasta)
3 spoons Mayonnaise (low fat)
1-1.5 spoon Harissa dressing sauce.(I have used Harissa Sauce by Veeba, an Indian food processing company)
1.5 spoons of curd (In case you don’t like curd, you can go for another spoon of Mayo)
1 spoon honey
Salt( as per preference)
Pepper and Oregano for seasonings.
- Take the (washed and dried) shredded cabbages, broccoli, corn and bell peppers and toss them in a non-stick pan with 1 spoon of olive oil. Stir it on medium flame for about 1 minute and lower the flame. Sprinkle a spoon of water and cover it with a lid for about 2-3 minutes on lowest flame and then shut the flame. ( I advice you to do this step for softening the veges by some percentage and blending their raw tastes with each other😌)
- Take a large bowl/ tray and let these veges in it along with the boiled pasta.
- Now is the time for the dressing. Take a bowl and add 3 spoons of mayonnaise, 1-1.5 spoon Harrisa dressing sauce (optional as per preference), 1.5 spoons of curd along with a spoon of honey. Mix it well and add pepper and oregano to the dressing, along with salt to taste.Also, You can add more of the dressing depending on how creamy you like your salad.
- Add the dressing to the larger bowl of salad and mix it well with 2 large spoons, so as to get an even amount of dressing on the entire salad.
- You can allow it to cool in the refrigerator for a while or you can straight away eat it, that’s up to your preference.
As much as you like, you can customize your salad according to your wish (That’s the beauty of making a salad-Creativity😊). I will write again – a Creamy chicken salad recipe.
Hope you guys like this recipe. Please leave in your comments and let me know your views.This is my first blog, I would appreciate your support and I wish to share plenty of my healthy and lip smacking recipes with you all.