How about I tell you that there is one such cake that is so delicious and healthy at the same time that you wouldn’t think twice before indulging in it.
Today I have for you, my favorite sponge cake recipe- Spongy Carrot Cake Recipe.
Perfect tea/coffee meal and super easy to prepare.
For this Carrot Cake Recipe, You need-
1 Bowl Wheat flour
1 Bowl Shredded Carrots
3/4 Bowl Powdered Sugar
3/4 Bowl Olive Oil
1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
Chopped Raisins, Almonds and Walnuts
- Combine the dry ingredients together. In a bowl, sieve Wheat Flour,add baking powder,salt and cinnamon. Mix in chopped almonds, walnuts and raisins. Keep aside.
- In another bowl, break 2 eggs and fold in powdered sugar and add vanilla essence. Whisk this mixture properly either with electric whipper or hand whipper until it increases in volume. Now add oil and whisk again.
- Meanwhile, evenly coat the shredded carrots with 2 teaspoons of wheat flour.
- Fold in the dry ingredients mixed in step 1 to the mixture of eggs and sugar in step 2. Slowly whisking with a spatula and avoiding lumps. Add carrots to the cake mix and mix thoroughly. Whisk for about 2-3 minutes slowly.
- Preheat the oven at 180℃/350℉ for 10 minutes. Prepare the Cake tin by greasing it with butter/oil and sprinkle pinch of flour over it. Fold in the mixture in the cake tin and spread evenly.
- Bake the cake at 180℃/350℉ for about 25 minutes. (Oven temperature-timings vary, so keep an eye on the cake and insert a toothpick till the bottom of the cake. If it comes out clean then your cake is baked)
- Take the cake out of the tin once it is cooled down. Then sprinkle some icing sugar over it and serve.
Enjoy your Spongy Carrot Cake.