A healthy and filling breakfast is a wonderful way to kick start the day. Eggs are the easiest option when it comes to choosing a meal for a quick breakfast fix. However, variations in preparing eggs are infinite. Anybody who likes eggs can actually prepare a new recipe every time! No Kidding..😞That’s how much egg recipes can be improvised.
Well, more cooking,less talking!😔
I have a super healthy and filling Egg recipe for you guys.
(Spanish like their omelettes loaded and healthy)
So here we go-
3 Whole Eggs
1 medium size Potato
1 medium size Onion
1 medium size Green Capsicum
1 medium size Tomato
Few small cut Broccoli
4-5 spoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Let’s keep it low-fat😊)
Salt as per preference
Pepper for seasonings
Coriander/Cilantro for garnishing
- Slice the potato and onion in medium size (neither too thin nor too thick). Chop the capsicum into small cubes.Take out the extra pulp from the tomato and cut into small cubes as well.
- In a non-stick pan, pour in 4-5 spoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and toss in onions and potatoes. On medium flame, saute and onions and potatoes for about 10 minutes or until onions caramelize and potatoes turn slightly brown. Keep turning over the potatoes in between.
- Add capsicum,tomatoes and broccoli 3-4 minutes before switching off the flame.
- Take a bowl and put 3 whole eggs and whisk them. Add the vegetables from the pan to the bowl and then add Salt and Pepper(as per taste).
- Cover the bowl with aluminium foil for 15 minutes. (This step is for bringing fluffiness to the omelette.)
- Switch on the flame of the non-stick pan and pour the contents from the bowl once the pan is warm enough. Spread the contents evenly with help of a spatula. Keep the flame low. (You wouldn’t want your eggs to stick to the surface!). Add cilantro/coriander.
- When one side of the egg is done,you will notice the eggs cooked from the side and you will be able to scrape it. As soon as you are able scrape the sides, take a plate bigger in size than the Omelette and with its help, flip it over and softly bake the semi-cooked side for about a minute.
Your Spanish Omelette is done! Enjoy your filling omelette with ketchup, bread or whatever way you like.